Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Rules of The Board
This is a forum community intended for writers.
The hope is that writers interested in all genres and styles of writing will gather here to discuss writing and share their experiences and expertise.
The rules apply to all forums of this board. Please read and make sure you understand the following:
Writers and others with a substantial interest in writing (and yes, this might extend to reading!) are welcome to join this board. If your interests don't lie in these areas, this is probably not the board for you.
This board expects a high standard of courtesy from all members in their dealings with each other. Open and frank discussion is welcome, but it is expected to remain within the bounds of professional conduct.
Runboard.com requires that members must be 13 years old or older. Members between 13 and 18 years of age must have parental permission to join.
Members who join the board merely to advertise their own boards, blogs, websites, products or services are, frankly, not welcome. Posts of this nature by members who do not appear to be participating will be deleted. A forum for active members to post links to personal sites and blogs may be added later.
Please visit the Water Cooler and introduce yourself!
These rules are subject to amendment at any time by the administrator.
Joining the board constitutes an agreement to abide by all the rules of the board. Members who consistently ignore the rules will be banned.
1) As noted above, this board expects a high standard of courtesy from all members in their dealings with each other. Open and frank discussion is welcome, but it is expected to remain within the bounds of professional conduct. The board is meant to provide a community for writers, and all members of this community should follow the Ethic of Reciprocity--treat others as you wish to be treated.
2) In case Rule #1 isn't clear enough, here's the bottom line: spam, porn, flaming, racism and bad language are not acceptable on this board. Offending posts will be edited and a warning left for the poster. If such behaviour persists, posts will be deleted and members banned.
3) Discussion threads should be started in the appropriate forum. Discussions which are not in the proper place will be moved.
4) At its inception, this is not a forum for posting large portions of original work. If at some point this rule changes, it will be noted in the Announcements forum and the rules amended.
5) As this is a forum for writers, the use of "internet speak" shorthand (eg. "what r u going 2 do about it?" ) is discouraged.
6) All posts and posted material are copyright by their authors and remain the property of the author/member posting the work. It is illegal to copy and reuse posted material without the written consent of the author.
Those are the rules, folks. It's my hope that the board will offer readers of The Scriptorium and other writers a place to relax, chat, network, and have fun.
Remember, please join us by introducing yourself to the board members at the Water Cooler.
Please feel free to join the current discussions, or start a discussion thread of your own. We're listening!
Welcome to The Writer's Block.
PS If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me.
Last edited by SFGirl, 1/7/2005, 4:18 pm
Reading: Best of F&SF 50th Edition
Writing: editing "Summer of The Widows"
1/6/2005, 10:45 pm
Link to this post
Send Email to SFGirl
Send PM to SFGirl